The 2nd most populated and 3rd largest state in the country, Maharashtra is bordered by Arabian Sea. We all know that this state is one of the most popular ones when it comes to a lot of things. It is also the richest state in the country. So while you are here, these are few places you should visit: –
1. Mumbai: – It is obviously that when you are in Maharashtra, you must visit Mumbai. The city is one of the most populated cities in the world. It is often known as the Manhattan of the country and is a home of many well-known Bollywood actors. The city is running all day long and is known for many attractions.
2. Aurangabad: – This city is named after Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. The city is filled with historic monuments and caves Ajanta and Ellora. The city has awe-inspiring lakes and you cannot miss the mouth-watering Maharashtrian food when you are here.
3. Kolhapur: – Kolhapur has rich history and amazing food! The climate is usually pleasant throughout the year and the place has heavy rainfall. Kolhapur is known for the special fashion style of Kolhapuri chappals and the cuisine.
4. Mahabaleshwar: – This hill station is situated at Western Ghats. This city is well-known for trekking spots and lakes. It is said that from the place where the Krishna River originates, the spout is shaped like a cow’s mouth. Well, if you want to see this amazing spot, then you should head to Mahabaleshwar.
5. Matheran: – Yet another amazing hill station in Maharashtra. The city is well-known for the cool weather it has during the summer season. The British architecture is evident in the city. You must take a train ride to this place as you can see a lot of beautiful landscapes.
6. Khandala: – Khandala is yet another holiday spot in Maharashtra. If you love trekking, looking at valleys and other beautiful views, then you must go to this place. Khandala is the most famous hiking place in the region.
7. Alibaug: – Travelling to Alibaug from Mumbai is very easy. This is a coastal town, which is deserted and filled with white sands and beaches. If you want a reasonable weekend getaway, then Alibaug is the best place to go. You can take ferries or personal yacht too and enjoy some time in the water.
Well, we have just listed down few places in Maharashtra, which you should visit. There are tons of other places, which make this state an awesome tourist destination. The state is rich in culture and tradition. Besides that, it also has many important buildings and the commercial capital of India, Mumbai. Not many want to leave Mumbai once they come here. So, make sure you travel across the state in trains and book online for food delivery in Balharshah station if you happen to pass by this station.