Today, many women are unhappy with the way they look after they give birth to a child. From their breasts to their stomachs, there are major changes in their appearance now. That’s why so many women decide to get a mommy makeover. Check out 5 before and 5 after tips to keep in mind for your surgery below:
1. Before any procedure, it is important that the patient does their homework. A mommy makeover like this, which involves a breast augmentation and tummy tucks, costs about $12,300. However, not only does the patient have to deal with the multiple invasive surgery itself, but weeks of downtime too. In order to get the results desired, the patient must do some thorough research.
2. After picking out a surgeon and scheduling the procedure, the patient needs to stop smoking immediately. Smoking has multiple negative effects on the health and can even prevent the body from healing properly.
3. The patient should have their prescriptions filled ahead of time. This means asking the surgeon what vitamins, supplements and other medications need to be completely stopped before surgery. At this point, the surgeon should also discuss with the patient what pain medications will be prescribed. It’s the patient’s responsibility to even discuss any bad reactions to anesthesia or pain medications they had in the past.
4. Prior to the surgery, the patient must gather up some family, friends and hired help to assist her around the house during the first couple of days of recovery. There’s no way the patient can handle the recovery process alone. Recovering from a mommy makeover is hard, so the patient will need someone to remind them to take their medication as well as help them walk to the bathroom and cook meals.
5. The recovery period for a patient who has undergone a mommy makeover is anywhere from two to 3 weeks. This means the patient won’t be able to take part in their daily activities, including work. That’s why the patient must take at least 2 to 3 weeks off work for their recovery. Most surgeons recommend 2 weeks, but 3 weeks is best if possible.
1. After a patient has a mommy makeover performed, their emotions tend to be all over the place. After all, having their body cut open and then stitched back up can be quite traumatic. With pain medications also in the mix, the patient is bound to get very emotional. The individual can go from ecstatic to tears in seconds.
2. To truly prepare for the recovery period, an individual must know what to expect as far as the pain goes. There will be pain, so the patient must stay on top of their medications. Many patients prefer to have someone set an alarm for their first couple of days, so that the patient knows exactly when they should re-dose.
3. While the patient may desperately want to start working around the house, they have to fight this temptation. Even if the patient feels like they are good enough to begin performing housework, they must ride out the recovery period. The individual shouldn’t do any lifting for at least four to six weeks.
4. The patient must not get too frustrated or worked up if their recovery takes longer than anticipated. The individual needs to set realistic expectations, as this is a major surgery. That’s why the patient must continue to be gentle with both their body and mind for months post-op.
5. It is not uncommon for a patient to walk hunched over with back pain during the first week after surgery. However, after a week or two, the surgeons expect the patient to be standing up straight. If the patient can’t stand at that time, the surgeon should be contacted.
A mommy makeover is a big deal. You want to make sure that you are prepared in any and all aspects. When you keep these tips above in mind, you will be taking the necessary steps for a smooth mommy makeover surgery and smooth recovery.