HTC Corporation (High Tech Computer Corporation) is a Taiwanese Smartphone and tablet manufacturer, which built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular OEM-branded mobile devices in the market.
HTC decided to expand and thus stepped into the world of Android and Windows smartphone manufacturing under their name.
A few years back, the HTC One M7 was launched which became popular overnight due to its features and specifications too. The innovative Ultra Pixel technology, Metal-body, Minimal UI and blazing fast performance took away the heart of millions which was the main reason behind the M7’s success which also helped HTC to gain some shares back which they had been losing over the years against giant manufacturers like Samsung or Sony.
This year, HTC launched the One M8 which is a refined version of its predecessor, the M7 .M8 has upgraded specs, a new curved back, which makes the phone easier to grip in the hand and a couple of new features like the dot view case, the duo-camera, upgraded Boom Sound, motion launch etc.
As soon as a manufacturer releases its flagship smartphone, rumors start spreading out about the next phone that the company will produce. Same with the case of HTC, rumors are spreading on the streets about the new One M9.
HTC One M9’s concepts are being hyped over the social media. The specifications included in the concept are listed as below-
- Display-The One M9 will sport a 5.3-inch Super LCD3 display with a resolution on 2560×1440 and a pixel density of about 556ppi. It will be protected by Gorilla Glass 3, eliminating scratches.
- Processor-It will include a 64-Bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 or 810 with 4 cores clocked at 2.7GHz each.
- RAM-It will be powered by 3/4GB DDR3 RAM.
- Battery-A 3300mAh battery is likely to be included. It will be sufficient to power the phone for a day.
- Body-One M8 will be made out of Metal with a unibody design.
- Camera-A 8 Ultra Pixel+ Duo-Camera is likely to be included, which will allow 500% more light to come into the camera sensor. Also, a wide angle lens can be offered. It will be able to record video at 4K resolution and in slow-motion too.
Front camera will stand at 5MP with modes like selfie and beauty shot and will record videos upto 1080p.
- Storage-Users will be able to store data upto 64GB on the onboard (inbuilt) storage and storage can be expanded further upto 128GB via external sources. Also, 50GB of Google Drive space will be provided free of cost.
- Software-It will be powered by HTC’s customized version of Android 4.5 or 5.0 whichever is earlier, which is called HTC Sense.
- Other Features-HTC One M9 will offer users a ton of hardware and software features. It will include an iris scanner which will also enable perspective view just like the Amazon Fire phone.
Dot view case will also be provided.
HTC One M9 won’t be a game changer. It has a list of upgraded specifications and a couple of additions.
It will be carrying a price tag of around $750 and will be released in Quarter 1 of 2015. And Yes, Q1 of 2015 would be very interesting as there are also lots of other brands that will bring their solutions, moreover in the end of 2015 we would hear something official regarding the star smartphone of 2015 that would be Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and LG G5.