Alaska is one of the most interesting states of the United States of America. It is located in the Northwest extremity of the North America continent and is home of thousands of indigent. This state is rich not only with amazing wild life but also panoramic view that promises to take each visitor’s breath away with the amazing sites it offers. Alaska is also rich in culture being located near two great countries: Canada and Russia. The rich history of this place is another reason why people choose to visit this place.
Cruising Alaska, though isn’t just a walk in the park. To witness is beauty and grandeur, there are important things to remember first. Here are the following guidelines one should consider when cruising along this wonderful paradise on earth.
Alaska is located in a frigid zone which is why it is important for tourist to bring appropriate clothing to protect themselves from the changing weathers in the state. Windy and chilly conditions are usual in the state so it is important to bring warm clothes. There are times, though that the weather is good which is the reason why tourists should bring light clothes as well The following are clothing that one should never forget when visiting the state:
• Heavy jackets, wind breakers or parkas
• Ski masks and gloves
• A pair of shorts
Choose Your Travel Dates
There are other things to consider when a tourist intends to visit the state. These all depends on the purpose of the tourist and there are a lot of factors on why one must choose the date wisely. Here are some helpful tips:
• If you want to experience 24/7 daylight time, it is advisable to go on a cruise from the last week of May to late June on Fairbanks.
• If a tourist’s intention is to see the famous Aurora Borealis, it is advisable to take a cruise on September.
• Salmon spawning-time is from July to September and these are the best travel dates if you want to see bears.
• May and June are the best times to visit Glacier Bay.
• For those who want to avoid the crowd, May and September are the best months to visit the state.
Other Things to Consider When Cruising:
There are some facts tourists should consider when deciding to go take a cruise along this majestic state. The following facts should help keep a tourist be prepared while cruising along the coast:
• Going on a cruise means possible sea-sickness which is the reason one should be prepared
• Protect your luggage- the cruise ship may be responsible for the cause of lost on their part but they won’t if it’s the tourist who mishandled the luggage
• There’s no need for you to be in a gown or tux to fit in what matters is that you are in a nice outfit appropriate in the setting.
If you are touring to Alaska, they you must have to apply for ESTA which is important for Travel Authorization. It is required for countries who are citizens of the 37 countries included with the visa waiver program.