On average, you’re required to drink eight cups of water each day. No matter how you wish to look at it, that is a lot of water. Drinking this much water comes with many benefits. For example, it burns fat, gives more energy, promotes healthier skin, promotes better digestion, and you will have fewer cravings. Even with all these benefits, the struggle is still there because you have to take eight glasses of water a day, thirsty or not.
If you are one of those people who do not take much water, do not despair. There are time-honored secrets that will help you transform into a water guzzling machine. You should also bear in mind that the recommended amount of water to take per day is not for all people. You will need to take in more than eight glasses of water if you work out daily.
- Drink comfort water: This is a tactic that works well especially for tea and coffee drinkers. As you wait for your coffee or tea, take a glass of water and add some lemons. Sip it as you wait for the coffee. After drinking your coffee, try sipping on a cup of warm water. Try out different kinds of herbal tea each time you shop until you find one that is right for you.
- Tag the water bottle: Invest in a good water bottle. Choose a water bottle you can personalize. You can do so by slapping a sticker on it that inspires you or a picture of a loved one. Always refill the water bottle as soon as it empties. You can contact DrinkBranders.com if you’re looking to order more than one. If you only need one bottle, you can get it personalized at CafePress.com.
- Sip up: Gulping down a glass of water is not easy. So, take a straw and slowly sip the water. You can even get a water bottle that has a built-in straw.
- Be a connoisseur: Look at water drinking like you do wine tasting. Taste the many different types of bottled water. Before doing so, always read the labels because there are some bottled water brands that have added calories. Many bottles of water are made up of 2 to 3 glasses of water.
- Drink some water and drive: Always ensure that there is a bottle of water near you as you drive. That way, you can always take a sip as you drive. Do not restrict this idea to the car only. You can think of places to store a water bottle in your office, living room, bedroom and any other place you frequent.
- Take your vitamins: Create a vitamin drink by combining water with vitamin supplements. If you would rather take your vitamins in pill form, make sure you take a glass of water each time you take the vitamins.
- Fill the diner glass: When sitting at the dinner table, always make sure that there is a glass of water at each setting. Do not drink all the water at a go. You can take small sips between small meal bites.
- Filter out: Tap water is not always good for you. If you fetch water from a well or get it from the city taps and it has a bad taste, change the water. Purchase a pitcher or faucet which will help keep the bad out and leave the good in.
- Pace yourself: When attending a dinner party, make sure that you have a glass of water near you. That way, you will not be tempted by the drinks and food offered. Also, sip some water in between bites. As for the wine and alcoholic beverages, you can refill your glass with water after taking a glass of wine. Not only will you be limiting your intake of alcohol, but you will also fight the dehydrating effects of alcohol.
- Locate drinking holes: When you are out and about, make a point of locating drinking fountains. If you are in a restaurant, ask for a glass of water or herbal tea as you wait for the food to come.