Between 6 and 12 years, children are in the stage laughing: easy, spontaneous, continuous … and happy. They are in the perfect sensitive period for us to make good humor a way of being, an attitude towards life. The benefits of humor for children are numerous and among other things, help them to have the resources to overcome the problems and disappointments that come later.
Children should be able to remember his childhood as a happy time, a few years of continuous laughter. And to do so, we must learn to laugh with family.
Trust and confidence are being grown in a cheerful atmosphere. With a friendly and cheerful attitude maybe we can get into intimacies which otherwise would not be possible, in the same way that we can say things that pronounced solemnly could be offensive. Humor always gives us a graceful exit in our reprimands or punishment, since humor is a visible sign of affection, which is revealed in the desire to get a message gently. For joy and optimism of our home must be based on love.
What benefits does a Good Mood?
There are many advantages of good humor to our children. Among them we can highlight the following:
– Safety in themselves.
– Their self-esteem improves.
– A cheerful and friendly character.
– Dominate pride.
– Enjoy more small everyday things.
– Encourages creativity.
– Aviva intelligence.
– Easier to relate to others.
Encouraging Good Mood at Home
– Any time is good for making children laugh. We can use travel, queues at the store, etc., to remember funny stories, tell a joke, say something humorous phrase…
– That parents are funny show can surprise the kids and be a great example for them: Romeo and Juliet acts as your wife or husband put voices imitating certain characters or spends a joke at dinner.
– Although the jokes that have children do not have much grace, try to listen and laugh to go slowly learning to let go. Moreover, it is a good way to get used to public speaking.
– Teaches children to laugh at their own mistakes. Slips, spilling food or water at the table is better laugh together and then apply a correction to calm the next time be more careful and not repeated.
– Promotes good humor, but without going over. Try to make it clear that life is not laughing at all hours. Some situations (visits, moments of rest) require knowing how to behave, just as there are serious conversations (for example, the studies).
– Propose your kids organize a session mood at family gatherings in which different characters parody or even family members. To make it more fun, you can record video and enjoy it all together at any time.